Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSDL 1001?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

I wish to build the following IrDA device,
http://pavouk.org/hw/en_irda.html

and I can't seem to find the HSDL 1001 in Dick Smith or Tandy Electronics in Australia. I'd like to find one ASAP, so if I'm going to HAVE to order one from the US I need a reply with a place that will ship worldwide.

I guess the option is to maybe build my own, if someone could detail what is required for that, please explain, but I'm only a newbie so it might not be a viable option though...

If it goes under another name, or something like, please tell me what I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance, :)

Hmmm, Ok Thanks I'll have a look for that one.

Do you know of any online electronics stores that have the HSDL 1001?
Do you know what is inside it, cause if I can't find it here, I might have to make one.

Well, I've been looking for this thing for over 2 hours, and I've found this diagram of the HSDL 1001, but I have a very limited idea of how to assemble it, and what this 'comparator' is.

Here is the URL:
**broken link removed**

If I could grab a parts list or something like that, or if any of you know where I can buy one of these, I would love to hear from you.

The comparator is a part of chip for signal conditioning.
See this circuit of TFDS, it's same as HDsl...

Attachments

• alles_plan.GIF
    alles_plan.GIF
    5 KB · Views: 1,735
Well the only way I can get my hands on either the HSDL 1001 or the TFDS4500 is by ordering from the US/Germany. I am more inclined to use the HSDL 1001 cause it has the LED's built in. I'm not really sure how any of them work though.

Could someone run through how to MAKE the HSDL? cause it seems a bit of a waste, its going to cost more to buy it and ship it to Australia than to make it.

Is there a way to make the TFDS i have the product information from that vishay telefunken website, but I don't knoe what comparator to use, or what the 'driver' is.

Hi all,

How much does that costs? The irDA IC? I have been searching for that IC here in the Philippines but can't find one, can somebody get me one and I'll swap it with my ICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back