Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP 7475A plotter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alhoop

Here is hoping there is someone here familiar with the HP7475A 6 pen plotter. I have one that runs the demo self test plot with no errors. When plotting a 18k file (the drill in KeyCad) it inserts two extraneous lines at the same place every time in the plot(one on the c in kcf drawing title and one on the drill body). I know KeyCad uses HP7470 drivers but they work when plotting the drill.kcf on three other 7475A's. TIA.
AL

Once again I asked before looking. The plotter uses 4 sections of a DIP switch to select parity.
One section was intermittent. A few times setting it to on/off cleared up the problem. I think the
section that was not making contact was allowing that input to float.
AL

Might be a cracked solder joint, if it recurrs try fixing it by flicking but if it continues to fail doing a quick touchup on the solder joints with fresh solder probably wouldn't hurt. Defiantly agree with Nigel, good catch =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back