Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP 1740A Oscilloscope sweep problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I fixed the problem, but it's still doing it. There is a bad connector right by the water bottle. It's hard to get to and there's the rod running through the circuit board.

I've used "DeoxIT GOLD" and moved the connectors quite a bit.

Neither of my scopes has a built-in water bottle! What on earth is that for?
Have you checked the supply rails (especially the X-axis supply rail) are stable and ok? If the scope is more than a few years old be suspicious of any supply reservoir electrolytic capacitors; they may be leaky (electrically or chemically) and/or have intermittent internal shorts which could drop the supply voltage and hence restrict the sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back