Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hows this one...what did you eat Tonight???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but not for long...

Who is that fellow with the Iron Cross in your avatar?

JimB

I knew this question would arise. I will prepare you for what follows.
He was unfortunately a Nazi and he fought for the wrong Team. His superb flying skills though cannot be overstated. The very best of the best. The most decorated person EVER by Germany in WW2. So much so, they had to create Medals for him. Probably the very best Pilot ever..

Here is his story: https://www.donhollway.com/hans-ulrichrudel/

I hope you enjoy it like I did.

Best part...he killed Russians and their Tanks...never went after American or British targets.
America when they were designing the A10 Warthog.....asked for his assistance.

And he helped America design a flying machine that to this day kills Tanks for breakfast.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Interesting, he was a somewhat larger than life character, and by the sound of it - VERY lucky.

JimB

Hi Jim

He drank Milk..no cigarettes...kept fit and was a Maestro in a Stuka. He actually did all said about him.

He helped the Warthog....as you know a tank killer of note....
In Iraq...Warthogs bombed and shot the **** out of defences there daytime.
At night, the Apache took over and so on.

It's all true.

Regards,
tvtech

And to think this started out as a food thread :eek:

Oh well, some things are better/more interesting discussing than food.

Boring food :p

Regards,
tvtech

I dunno man, maybe that dude was a brilliant man, but to use an avatar that represents atrocities that shook the world and left 50 million dead, seems in bad form.

You might compare that German patriot to Werner von Braun, who was also a Nazi, but was glamorized by Walt Disney and promoted by the US government: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun.

And then of course, there is Benedict Arnold -- a hero in the UK and a traitor in the USA.

Perhaps people should be judged by their individual merits rather than by which government they fought for? Now, if you want to discuss individual actions, let's consider Nelson Mandela, who was idolized by the American President, Barack Obama and other leaders of the Western World, but who unquestionably committed "crimes against humanity", i.e., murder of civilians to promote his political cause.

Wars are horrible things. They cause soldiers and other citizens to fight for causes they might not themselves support (i.e., nation over self). If you doubt that, who was the better person during the American Civil War, General Lee (who never owned a slave and who emancipated the slaves he inherited) or General Grant (who not only owned slaves, but was extremely bitter when Lincoln emancipated them)?

John

PS: I think the trivialization of war, as in "war on poverty," has desensitized people to the real meaning and horror that war is. My generation saw Vietnam; my parents saw WWII. The so-called "war on poverty" (etc.) is an insult to those who died in WWII and on D Day.

Last edited:
Oh well, at least it was not a Hitler avatar. Or a Nazi broken cross/ swastika :eek:

All it did was highlight an exceptional individual. No matter his political affiliation/belief. He excelled at what he did. His job was to try and win a war and he gave it his all in the air with his mastery of flying.

The link I gave above only tells a small story. There is much, much more on the NET:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel
**broken link removed**

A10 Warthog cannon test here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Republic_A-10_Thunderbolt_II

I will not speak about this again. Done and dusted.
I learned a lot and so I hope did you all.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
What you really mean is:

JimB

Today I was treated to English roast dinner (veggie alternative) at lunch time at a local carvery. So that's kept me going all day. Probably will have a bit of lovely buttery toast in a bit.

I don't see what the problem is with mango sharing? I share mango's with my wife - just hedgehog it, put the chunks in a bowl, cut the flesh off the stone, put that in the bowl, have a fork each... away you go :)

Avocado sharing is another matter - don't have to share them as Mrs doesn't really care for them :)

I don't see what the problem is with mango sharing? I share mango's with my wife - just hedgehog it, put the chunks in a bowl, cut the flesh off the stone, put that in the bowl, have a fork each... away you go :)

Avocado sharing is another matter - don't have to share them as Mrs doesn't really care for them :)

I am going to get into crap here. Oh boy, here goes..

Where I am from here in SA.....a Mango is another word for female genitalia...Like I ate a Mango last night...

I need not say more. God this has been a funny thread :p

All in the name of food:wideyed:

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I just had to explain to my wife and my mother what I was laughing at... They found it very funny... Thanks, TV:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back