Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how would you make a scalectrix lap counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
me to said:
Its for my GCSE electronics project and i want to make one for under 5 quid how? :?:

For a start this board is populated by people from all over the world, so most members probably won't know what a 'quid' is. It's also helpful if you fill your location in, so people know where you're from (UK, or England, or Scotland etc. is all you that need to enter).

Five UK Pounds isn't very much, what sort of display were you thinking of?. Presumably you will need at least 4 digits, two for each lane, so that's at least four 7-segment displays, and drivers for them, plus counters and some type of detector for the cars.

If your school has PIC programming capability, you could simplify the design a great deal, to just the PIC, the displays, and a handful of small components (at the added work of writing the software) - using an LCD text module would make it even easier, but at more cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back