Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how web server create?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

I have simple query. how mobile server create , as student I need basic idea I mean what hardware is used I am not asking for particular I am not going to make .I know Its very tough to answer this question If possible explain little bit
I just need idea how does web server create ?

Not sure exactly what your are asking, but this https://www.coridium.us/ARMhelp/index.htm#page=ARMweb.html page might offer some insight.

It's by no means the only way.

I think your asking about an "embedded" web server where the webpage is part of the device, say a toaster.

Another example: https://madebynathan.com/2013/07/10/raspberry-pi-powered-microwave/
ok I am trying to explain what I am asking what is signal, mainly in electronic signal may be voltage or current signal , signal is generate by circuit , circuit make with component

internet is signals, it may be voltage or current signal the mobile phone is hardware that make with circuit, access this internet signal so I just want what type of circuit mobile having to access internet signal

I'm a little unclear as well, but,...
... I just want what type of circuit mobile having to access internet signal

A cell phone, for instance, connects to the "web" by means of a radio signal, or electromagnetic wave.

Conceptually, no different than how a radio or tv station (or satellite) connects with your receiver, except that the cell phone's connection is "2-way", i.e., signals going in both directions (uploads and downloads) between your cell and a multi-cell phone "hub" (such as a tower with antennae) which very likely has either fiber optic or wire connections to a web server.

Your cell phone has what is called a "transceiver", a device that acts as both a transmitter and a receiver (often a single chip).

Last edited:
I'm a little unclear as well, but,...

A cell phone, for instance, connects to the "web" by means of a radio signal, or electromagnetic wave.

Conceptually, no different than how a radio or tv station (or satellite) connects with your receiver, except that the cell phone's connection is "2-way", i.e., signals going in both directions (uploads and downloads) between your cell and a multi-cell phone "hub" (such as a tower with antennae) which very likely has either fiber optic or wire connections to a web server.

Your cell phone has what is called a "transceiver", a device that acts as both a transmitter and a receiver (often a single chip).
can you suggest me link, where I can learn more.

1) can we make web server ?
2) If yes then what basic things should I know?
3)how to make transmitter and receiver circuit where to start ?

I am not going to Implement for any company I want to make learn basic so I want to do some work on paper I think I need some specification . guide me how to start

can you suggest me link, where I can learn more.

1) can we make web server ?
2) If yes then what basic things should I know?
3)how to make transmitter and receiver circuit where to start ?

I am not going to Implement for any company I want to make learn basic so I want to do some work on paper I think I need some specification . guide me how to start
OK.

Questions 1 and 2 are inter-related. First, number 2.: look here: https://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/1407961/Serving-Up-Web-Server-Basics.htm
To get this link, I googled "Web server basics" (I accessed a "server") and the above link popped up. There were other links displayed.

Number 1.: Yes. You have a computer and access to the network (as evidecnced by your access to this site [ETO]), so that gives you the hardware to create a server. With the appropriate Web Development software, you can create a web site on your server.

Number 3.: The only reason for a transmitter and receiver is to provide the means for other potential users to access your server with a portable device, such as a cell phone, tablet, WiFi enabled computer or other device that is not physically wired to the network. That form of communication is already in place (cell phone towers, satellites, WiFi and the like). There is no need to recreate that particular aspect of web comms. We can discuss that subject if you like.

As for Cellular, there are GSM and GPRS modems. See https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ua9moY1JLwsqKSA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.dmQ&cad=rja

The modems have an AT type command set just like the Hayes Modems.

Generally, they use the PPP protocol for the Internet connection. I only played with it once when I modified a modem file for the Macintosh OS9 and my phone at that time, a Motorola Razr, supported the extended AT commands directly. The 3g command set is HUGE and not all of the commands are implemented in all devices.

There are two computer user sharing information each other via web server
computer--------- web server ----------computer
but I want make device that collect the information from environment and send information to another user

device -------- web server -------- computer

Now I want to develop that device
First step I am collecting part for device

1)transmitter and receiver for RF wave (for creating web server )
2)microprocessor
3)memory (ram and rom memory )
4)counter
5)interrupt
6)real time operating system
7)sensor

I am student I am reading theory I don't have much knowledge how small component connect with each other and make big device like computer, cell phones .
my attempt
I always read that If you want to create some big things you need to learn small thing . until you don't understand the small thing you can't create big circuit
1)device need web server so I choose transmitter and receiver circuit because I read in book that transmitter is use to transmit signal and receiver is used to receive the signal
2)i need sensor to collect information I have not decide which sensor I will use I will tell you later
3) microprocessor do arithmetic and logic operation , micro processor is used in embedded system
4) I select memory because i need to store data somewhere

finally I really need to someone advice because its very tough to implement any hardware
I am collecting information according to theory , someone please tell me how to implement that device I mean what strategy we need to apply when we design big circuit

It's definately not my expertise, but I have been doing some research.

Take a look around.
**broken link removed**

Search for arduino web server

and "digi webserver"

These are all "embedded" web servers. The technology is slightly different.

Old HTML uses to cause an entire page to be sent.
Now AJAX allows pieces of the page and is dynamic.
The page really executes in the browser using Javascript.

I won;t be much help.

Web server is a software program that implements HTTP protocol.

HTTP protocol uses TCP protocol as a base.

TCP protocol can be run through a number of physical connections.

So, you'll need:

- a CPU to run software
- a hardware which provides a physical connection
- a software which implements TCP through this physical connection
- a software which implements HTTP

you shall use something like a SIM 900 module if you are concerned about remote "servers". else,you can always trust the Pi and the arduino clones with Ethernet shields. Or you can use something like this , it uses a json query or something.. but does the job. You can make a simple static, DHCP servers using a simple UNO and an Ethernet shield. Its down to earth simple.

Web server is a software program that implements HTTP protocol.

HTTP protocol uses TCP protocol as a base.

TCP protocol can be run through a number of physical connections.

So, you'll need:

- a CPU to run software
- a hardware which provides a physical connection
- a software which implements TCP through this physical connection
- a software which implements HTTP
I am not asking specific module

I am trying to make module
2)microprocessor
4)counter
5)interrupt
7)sensor

1) a CPU to run software
2) a hardware which provides a physical connection
3)a software which implements TCP through this physical connection
4) a software which implements HTTP

can anyone suggest lower level part

what's with RF wave?
1) a CPU to run software
can anyone suggest lower level part
Is this the lower part?

what's with RF wave?
?
sorry for late response
transmitter and receiver circuit for communication that generate RF signal

lower part means I want to find out small circuit that is used to make network enabled device. I have option I can use development kit But I don't want to use I want learning something by doing real work

I want to work with theory I have read little bit not enough about electronic component resistor , transistor , diode , capacitor , etc then I read how does circuit make using component then I make rectifier using diode, then filter using capacitor , amplifier using transistor
I learned how to make different circuit I made power supply using transformer filter circuit rectifier circuit regulator circuit

then next step I started to learn about micro controller how they make and how they programmed

micro controller is small chip it contain processor ,rom ram memory counter, interrupt port etc
after that I read about embedded operating system what is operating system and where we can use

Now I am having problem I want to make device that work as network enabled device

2)microprocessor
4)counter
5)interrupt
7)sensor

1) a CPU to run software

I don't understand strategy how the expert think when they design any big circuit . please someone share their knowledge I need advice what I am doing wrong What I need to do

You have to do it not read it in electronics (in my opinion).
you have to have a system architecture, some design specs, functional specs first.

You have to do it not read it in electronics (in my opinion).
you have to have a system architecture, some design specs, functional specs first.
I am trying .
I know I need
hardware and software
requirement- device work as internet enabled
functional

hardware
1 processor
2 memory (rom and ram )
3 transmitter and receiver circuit for communication
4 counter
5 interrupt
6 sensor

software
embedded operating system
you said
software which implements TCP
a software which implements HTTP

I am collecting Information which software and hardware I need to develop that device
I don't think that its enough

First you have to decide how will your device connect to the outside world. I would suggest using ethernet, as it should be much easier to implement than for example wifi.
A quick google search found alot of examples that you could base your design off. For example this one http://tuxgraphics.org/electronics/200611/embedded-webserver.shtml is a nice and simple web server, and could be a nice place to start.
Read the datasheets and look at the schematic, see what you can get from it.
You can get modules with the ENC26J10 cheaply on ebay, so basically all you need is some processor and a breadboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back