Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kichapi

hai ihave a problam in my program pic 16 f877a with lcd .i used two micro switch connected through PORTE,RE0,.i decide to connect single push micro switch RE0 input high display the lcd after i repeat push switch RE0 input high display another program
how to write this program please help me?

can you rewrite this clearer? Like i didn't understand half of it..

Do you have 2 switches or 2 pic micros? Can you use paint to draw a simple draft?

i used two switch .switch1 one is used data selection increment .switch2 is data decrement.i write lcd program and display through lcd .i think display data selected by switch .switch1 press first data another press second data this type function .switch2 is used decrement the displayed data.

How is your switch connected to the PIC?
Can you pls draw some kind of schematic diagram showing your connection?
I'm not sure how the 2 switch is connected to the PIC.

Let me try to understand you..
You want to display data onto LCD.
Lets say initially, the value is 0, so "0" is displayed on the LCD..
When u press switch1 1 time, "1" is displayed because the data is increased by 1. When you press switch1 the second time, the LCD display "2".

When you press switch2, the data will decrease by 1 so LCD will display "1". When you press switch2 again, LCD will display "0".

Is that what you are trying to do?

Ok.. Below is what you need to do.

1) Decide on what programming language you want to use. ASM, C, Basic?
2) Decide on compilers you want to use. MPASM, CCS, Hi-Tech, mikroC, PBP?
3) Learn how to read input.
4) Learn how to use IF..ELSE statements..
5) Learn how to display things onto LCD. eg display "1", "2".

I'm not sure which part you have/haven't done so what I can do is to give u a general idea of what u need to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back