Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use MPASM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurag_Singh

I have made two programmer but both gave the same problem while programming pic 16F628A...
I may be using MPASM wrongly...Plz tell me how to assemble the code using it.

By the way, I start MPLAB IDE ->and open the source file-> then click on quick built option...Is anything wrong in it??

Anurag_Singh said:
I have made two programmer but both gave the same problem while programming pic 16F628A...
I may be using MPASM wrongly...Plz tell me how to assemble the code using it.

By the way, I start MPLAB IDE ->and open the source file-> then click on quick built option...Is anything wrong in it??

hi,

Whats the problem you get.?

Are there any warning messages in the output window.?

Does the view/program window display any code after you have built.?

May be H/W problem..

ericgibbs said:
hi,

Whats the problem you get.?

Are there any warning messages in the output window.?

No problem man..its just the problem while programming. I used two programmers:
1) JDM programmer (serial port), and
2) p16pro programmer (parallel port)
But then also both of them fail to program the pic...so I thought there might be some error in my assembly procedure.

hi,

Examine the window to see if the code is present.

How do you know its failed to program the PIC,? any messages etc.?

If it dosnt run the program in your target pcb, maybe its the target pcb thats at fault.

ericgibbs said:
hi,

Examine the window to see if the code is present.

How do you know its failed to program the PIC,? any messages etc.?

If it dosnt run the program in your target pcb, maybe its the target pcb thats at fault.
No sir...its the software that gives the error: PROGRAMMING FAILED AT ADDRESS 0000h

Does it connect to the PIC?

Is it on the correct port?

Is FIFO buffers disabled?

You can't use a JDM or parallel programmer in MPLAB. You have to run separate software (winpic,ic-prog,winpicpro etc.) that loads the hex file and programs the pic.

Mike.

Yeah, then the parallel port you cannot use either correct (since you cant select LPT)

This situation can perhaps be averted by modding the programmer like the DL4YHF flash programmer with external supply. the design takes care of Vpp before Vdd as once pointed by Pommie. He has posted the schematic of the same in the other post perhaps, recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back