Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to this build this circuit which uses oscillator and amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

It would really kind of you if you could help me to build the circuit which does what has been explained in the linked diagram below. I'm new this stuff. Have never used oscillator or an amplifier. If you want to change some parameter to make the circuit simple, then you can. Thank you.

the diagram: https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3427/invercrkt.jpg

Best wishes
PG

PS: I just made that block diagram up. You could any other frequency instead of 5 Hz. Thank.

Last edited:
hi,
First you need to make a 5Hz sine wave oscillator, using a Wien oscillator [ do web search for Wien osc] , connect the output of the oscillator into a full-wave precision rectifier.

The output of the rectifier would be amplified by the final amplifier.

What are you trying to do.?

As to #2 in your link an amplifier takes something small and makes it larger. There is no de-amplify that I know of. An attenuator takes something large and makes it smaller. Very simply a signal made larger is amplified, a signal made smaller is attenuated.

Ron

I was simply playing around when I drew that block diagram. Truth be told once again (although I have already told it in first post above) that I have never used an amplifier or an oscillator. You can change some parameters such as frequency, you can change amplification gain to any other number (the gain used by me is "2"). If someone of you have MultiSim, then can you build that circuit up so that I can understand its working by asking follow-on question? Thank you.

Best wishes
PG

So you are just wasting our time !

No, Sir, I do not intend to waste your time. I'm here to learn. I was playing around to find and learn something new; otherwise my video game is a lot better alternative to play around! :)

Just pointing out that the waveform you show in your diagram is not a sine wave. It's a rectified sine wave. Was that your intention?
That's why ericgibbs mentioned the use of a rectifier in his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back