Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reset "Child lock" on TV without remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
holding the power button down for 10 seconds is a commom magnavox reset

I've tried to unlock a VCR using a universal remote that ran through all the codes (automatically) for all VCRs and finally it stopped on the correct one but nothing on the universal remote would unlock the VCR from 'child lock'.

I would suggest buying a universal remote that has a 'child lock' function on it and then run through all codes until you get to the correct code for your TV.

The memory where the detail of the settings for everything (channels, child lock etc.) is in an EEPROM, (Flash Ram) so even leaving the power off for a long time won't help, and unplugging the Flash Ram won't help either as the data (including child lock) is still in the Flash Ram. You could replace the Flash Ram with a new IC which will be blank and the child lock should be off.

The final method is to get the original remote, but some TVs/VCRs have codes to enter prior to unlocking the TV/VCR.

Also, the Flash Ram is often a plug-in chip that plugs into a small socket and sometimes the number will start with 24xxxxx.

Phone up the company that sells the product and ask them what to do, but they will ask for the serial and model numbers of the TV/fridge.

I've tried to unlock a VCR using a universal remote that ran through all the codes (automatically) for all VCRs and finally it stopped on the correct one but nothing on the universal remote would unlock the VCR from 'child lock'.

I would suggest buying a universal remote that has a 'child lock' function on it and then run through all codes until you get to the correct code for your TV.

The memory where the detail of the settings for everything (channels, child lock etc.) is in an EEPROM, (Flash Ram) so even leaving the power off for a long time won't help, and unplugging the Flash Ram won't help either as the data (including child lock) is still in the Flash Ram. You could replace the Flash Ram with a new IC which will be blank and the child lock should be off.

The final method is to get the original remote, but some TVs/VCRs have codes to enter prior to unlocking the TV/VCR.

Also, the Flash Ram is often a plug-in chip that plugs into a small socket and sometimes the number will start with 24xxxxx.

Phone up the company that sells the product and ask them what to do, but they will ask for the serial and model numbers of the TV/fridge.

If the TV has a child lock, it will be accessible through the menu. Every universal remote should have a "menu" button. It does not have to have one specifically designated for "child lock".

Sorry DerStrom, it was a Google translate problem.

Here's the original Spanish article, most of the instructions are easy to guess in English.

www.comunidadelectronicos.com/articulos/desbloq.htm

spanish word / english meaning

presionar = press
tecla = key
C/R = remote control
al mismo tiempo tiempo = at the same time
"enciende" or "encendido" = turn on
"apagar" or "apagado" = turn off

Last edited:
Thanks Menticol. I understand most Spanish, but I figured not everybody would. If you're using Google Chrome, it'll automatically ask if you want to translate it. Just click yes and you're all set. :)

I deal with Child Lock issues on sets daily. I have saved EEPROM files from all sets that I have fixed here in the last 5 Years. With Child Lock OFF.

Solution: I program an EEPROM for the set, replace the original with it...problem solved. Just find a honest TV guy to do it for you. Not expensive, more a hassle than anything else. My charges for this are Minimal, sometimes even free. Depending on the customers attitude :D

Only condition: bring the set here for repair when it REALLY goes faulty :)

A REAL bonus for all ETO members is here: All saved files in one folder.

WONT work. Canno't upload the file. ETO's loss. Trying again...

Still no go. Outa here.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
my tv is saying key lock and I don't have a remote pliz help it just display blue screen , supersonic led 40"

It might help if you provided a few details - such as what country you're in, what make the set is, and what model it is - however, it might very well not be possible without the remote.

If anyone is experiencing this problem and they DO have a remote control...........................I am in a hotel room that has an LG tv. For the first few days the tv worked fine. Then after a few days the remote control stopped working. Even the buttons on the side of the tv stopped working. However, when I pushed the buttons on the side of the tv "Child Lock On" would appear on the screen. The only way that I could turn off the tv was to unplug it. I checked the batteries in the tv remote control and they were fine. Then I noticed that every time I pressed any button on the remote control the "DVD" light would illuminate. So, then I pushed the "TV" button on the remote control...........................problem solved. At some point the "DVD" button must have accidentally been pushed in.

Hello
I am new member of this forums site. Your question is about how to reset child lock on the TV without remote is that -
The child lock stops the button in the first of the TV from in service.
To start/disable Child lock:
1.Use the remote ( not disable lacking the remote )
2.Push set of choices
3.Compress P downward ( control behind KEY ) double plow set of connections is dyed in colorless
4.Compress amount awake one time ( this take you into the complex list of options )
5.The CHILD LOCK choice is at the peak and be supposed to be dyed white.
6. Apply the amount up key to choice ON or OFF .
Thank you

ARM and VORAGO Technologies

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back