Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to remove solder bridges from ics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
innovo said:
hi
happy new year .
i have been working as an electronic quality inspector for 7 years..,,i lost my job since may 2007.
now all company require that you know how to solder and desolder... i have some experience in soldering thru hole and small smt ..but i have trouble soldering small ic ,fine pitch ,and remove solder bridges with the iron..i do more bridges when i remove with flux and iron,,i have 3 test in 3 companies,i fail...it is hard to use the bread for the ICS. . company dont want to use hot gun to remove ICS. at home i have all tools including loope,but no microscope....
i look for course in montreal,quebec may be private course about 10 hour.
but i can not find any place to learn. can someone give me good tips or web site ..theory is good but not helping,,i need practice..
thank you
happy new year to all

I find a GOOD Desoldering tool works well.

The Real Desoldering Irons, that apply the heat as well as the Vacuum through the HOT tip.

Not the Cheap Plastic Desoldering Vacuum Pumps.

Believe it or not, Sometimes it helps if you actually apply a smal amount of FRESH Solder to the Bridged area, Before using the Desoldering Iron to remove the solder bridge.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back