Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove black protectant from tiny ics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crater

I'm curious if anyone knows the best way to remove the black "dot" covering micro ics. I have one of those stupid flasher light buttons and would like to use the ic from it, but how can I remove it without destroying the ic? Is it possible? ie solvent, exacto knife? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

I suppose you are talking about ICs that are directly fabricated onto the PCB. These are called COB (Chip On Board). There is no way you can remove the top cover whithout damaging the chip. If you want to use it, you need to use the entire PCB. Solder wires at required points and use it in your circuit. Thats the solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back