Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to regulate 18-24V to 12V max 50A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

Basically the title I'm building a 12V PSU 600VA for cost effectiveness I can only get hold of 12V toroidal transformers 6V are ludicrous prices. So after rectification etc I think the voltage will be way up. I want to use switch mode but can I do this safely without it costing more than a 6V 600VA toroidal?

Why not just buy a 12V 50A SMPS?

After rectification your 12V DC will be about 14.8VDC ((12*1.4)-2) with ripple being significant unless your capacitors are enormous. The valleys in the ripple will make most regulators fall out of regulation.

[edit]Your 12VAC will produce about 14.8VDC etc....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back