Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Read EEPROM without PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

devigan

Hi I am looking for something simple to Read or download file data from a EEPROM say a Picaxe. Due to the remoteness of the the datalogger, I need something to download data from the datalogger and then later at my base to load it on my PC. any suggestion will be appricated

Thank you regards Dave

devigan said:
Hi I am looking for something simple to Read or download file data from a EEPROM say a Picaxe. Due to the remoteness of the the datalogger, I need something to download data from the datalogger and then later at my base to load it on my PC. any suggestion will be appricated

Presumably the data logger has a serial port so you can download the data from it?. Just make a device with a PIC and an EEPROM, read the data from the serial port using the PIC, and store it in the new EEPROM, then carry it away. Do the same when you get home to transfer it back from the EEPROM to your PC.

You could even get 'carried away' and add an LCD text module, so you can examine the data as well.

Thank you Nigel, like I said I am anewbi if you put me in the right direction as to the PIC project I need to look at

thank you agin dave :D

devigan said:
Thank you Nigel, like I said I am anewbi if you put me in the right direction as to the PIC project I need to look at

thank you agin dave :D

Check my tutorials, there are ones for serial interfacing and I2C EEPROM reading and writing, you simply need to join them togther.

I'm presuming you know how to download the data from the logger?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back