Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to pull out the driver from the flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgbbv

Hi.
i dismantle xr-e cree flashlight and i need to pull-out the pcb.i try to pull it out by insert two small screw driver into the side holes and lift it(the ones that red circled driver 1.jpg)but it sound like it is going to crack.it seems to be pressed hard and i don't want to ruin the pcb.so how can i pull it out safely?
here some more photos:driver 2.jpgthe cree led 3.JPG
thanks in advance.

Is it threaded in? The ring in the first two photos has two holes opposite each other, could the be for a pin type spanner wrench? Find two drill bits that will fit the holes, put the shanks in the holes. And a rod or screw driver shank between the drill bits for leverage and try to turn the ring.

Hi shortbus=.
i am not sure if it is threaded in.if you can look at the photodriver 2.jpg(the red circles)you can see some tiny slots like zig zag shape,it seems like it prevent from it to turn around after it being pressed.i really don't know.what do you think about that?
i want to be careful and not try anything before i will be absolutely sure about the way to release it,because a small mistake can crack the pcb.

The serrated marks are tabs that have been drilled, so that the pcb can be easily separated from the larger panel matrix.

From the first picture it looks like there is some thermal glue or potting going on. You could try using an exacto blade around the circumference to try and loosen it. Otherwise describe your flashlight make and model with pics over on the Budget Light Forum (BLF) and someone will have an answer for you.

yes,nickelflipper,you are right.i saw,at first glance,some pieces of small white stickers around the pcb and it was look like it is glued,but i wasn't sure about that.it's a pity that i need do ruin the adhesive termal glue sheet for release the pcb,but i have no choice.
thanks for your help.
best regards:)

In that situation, I usually cut across the aluminum with a hacksaw and spread it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back