Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make flip flop circuit for practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidan

I know the bit theory about flip flop. it is used to store bit or data. there are four types of flip flop D, T, SR, and JK flip flop they are used in counter, memory
I want to learn concept of flip flop. how they make and where we use I want to build D flip flop on bread board. so I need gate ICs and clock I don't know which IC may be used and why and another things truth table I know i read about it but don't know where we use anyone tell me in practical terms

hi,
This image shows the logic gates in a block diagram of the HEF4013, dual 'D' type bistable.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 206
Download and study the datasheet for any flip-flop IC. It will have a Truth Table which will show how the IC responds to different input signals.

Here's a list of CMOS logic circuits which includes D and JK type flip-flops, which are relatively easy to use. A T FF can be made from a D FF by connecting the /Q output of the FF to the D input. An RS flip-flip (latch) can be made with either a D or JK FF by using only the Set and Reset inputs.

Note that when using CMOS logic circuits all unused inputs (not outputs) must always be grounded or connected to V+ as appropriate.

well, those are the basic gates meaning the simplest ones, the letters to form words if you like, any other "Gate" will be made of those, i.e. XOR gate is made of NAND and NOR etc
putting 2 nands make a FF, so what other gate you may think of to use to make a flip flop?

A latch can be made with a couple of NAND or NOR gates, but a clocked FF requires a more complex circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back