How to make device 110V work at 220V???? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey
I have a Minolta laser Printer (magicolor 2400W). It works on AC 110-127V (i=11A) (Brought from USA). I have 220V.
What should I change in it's power supply to make it work in my contry?
Or will be better to buy a transformer from 220V to 110V (but it too expansive)?

thanks a head...

Too many work... The big problem: heater lamp for 120V and 1500W!
You can only change, and expensive. The main psu most of case built only for 120V, modification not impossible: sometimes only a jumper setting.
Conclusion: the "expensive" trafo is the cheapest and safe solution."Autotransformer" is a best, isolation no needed.

Yes you use an auto-transformer, they are relatively cheap as they only have a single tapped winding. As Sebi mentioned, they don't provide isolation, but isolation isn't required.

Hey Zener,

I had the reverse problem 2 years ago. I lived a while in France, and when I got back to Canada, I had several gadgets, peripherals and appliances running on 220V that I needed to power off 110V.

A Toshiba laptop plug I bought in Europe had a 2 part power cord, one that housed the 110/220 AC/DC transformer that plugged directly in the laptop power socket, and one with the country-specific wall plug. I just had to replace the latter. Make sure your Minolta printer isn't already able to handle the 220V. Also check Minolta's website, they might offer a cheap accesory for travelers that will do it.

For the other 220V-only stuff, I bought **broken link removed** that can do 110-120-220-240V in any direction and adapt to any wall plug in the world. I paid between $20 and $25US each for 100W & 200W models, along with a little $5 50W transformer that could power my little 25W soldering iron.

Well worth the $ in my opinion.

Check the PowerBright link above, they have 1500W to 3000W options... Might not be worth it for you to buy in the US, but maybe you can find a distributor in your country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…