Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make device 110V work at 220V???? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey
I have a Minolta laser Printer (magicolor 2400W). It works on AC 110-127V (i=11A) (Brought from USA). I have 220V.
What should I change in it's power supply to make it work in my contry?
Or will be better to buy a transformer from 220V to 110V (but it too expansive)?

thanks a head...

Too many work... The big problem: heater lamp for 120V and 1500W!
You can only change, and expensive. The main psu most of case built only for 120V, modification not impossible: sometimes only a jumper setting.
Conclusion: the "expensive" trafo is the cheapest and safe solution."Autotransformer" is a best, isolation no needed.

Yes you use an auto-transformer, they are relatively cheap as they only have a single tapped winding. As Sebi mentioned, they don't provide isolation, but isolation isn't required.

Hey Zener,

I had the reverse problem 2 years ago. I lived a while in France, and when I got back to Canada, I had several gadgets, peripherals and appliances running on 220V that I needed to power off 110V.

A Toshiba laptop plug I bought in Europe had a 2 part power cord, one that housed the 110/220 AC/DC transformer that plugged directly in the laptop power socket, and one with the country-specific wall plug. I just had to replace the latter. Make sure your Minolta printer isn't already able to handle the 220V. Also check Minolta's website, they might offer a cheap accesory for travelers that will do it.

For the other 220V-only stuff, I bought **broken link removed** that can do 110-120-220-240V in any direction and adapt to any wall plug in the world. I paid between $20 and $25US each for 100W & 200W models, along with a little $5 50W transformer that could power my little 25W soldering iron.

Well worth the $ in my opinion.

Check the PowerBright link above, they have 1500W to 3000W options... Might not be worth it for you to buy in the US, but maybe you can find a distributor in your country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back