Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make coil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
googol is the large number 10to100, that is, the digit 1 followed by one hundred zeros (in decimal representation). The term was coined in 1920 by nine-year-old Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner. Kasner popularized the concept in his book Mathematics and the Imagination

can i use simple 150 uH inductor in this ckt..

Attachments

• metaltda.JPG
    metaltda.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 205
metal detector

Your coil depends on what you are looking for (metal detector).
My old metal detector has a series of coils. A 10” coil for looking for large objects many feet away. There are sever smaller coils for find smaller objects. The smallest is only 0.5”.

Its better use a ferrite core or iron core inductor as it is in the diagram to increase the sensivity.

Also it is better you add a driving transistor to the output LED without driving directly.

It might work for a small inductance but don’t know how much DETECTION range having for 150uH inductor.

If you feel the detection range is not enough then by adjusting the TUNED CIRCUIT (inductor + C) can vary the sensivity.

msovais said:
can i use simple 150 uH inductor in this ckt..

The Coil for This Detector MUST be Wound on a Small "POT CORE". And Ideally with "Litz" Wire.

This is a Very Short range Detector, Mainly designed to detect the "Teeth on a Gear" or other Simular types of Applications.

Maximum Detection Distance is Less than 1 Inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back