Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make breath alcohol meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinit chaudhari

Hi,
I am trying to design breath alcohol meter with data logging and printer.I have Hot wire sensor MR513(winson make), sensor signal amplifier ckt is ready.
Need rest ckt ideas i.e. sutaible ADC, uC, memory ic(which can store 1000 readings) & how to interface printer with uC.
Can any one help me.

Just use a microcontroller with an internal ADC and enough internal memory to store 1000 readings. It would be much easier than choosing using an external ADC and memory. Some examples are PICs or AVR.

What do you mean interface with a printer?

Last edited:
Hi dknguyen,
Thanksss... for early reply and suggestion.
I'll find nos of these ic. if u have nos of these ic, kindly suggest.
Data which was log, if require in print form then where to interface/connect the printer.
May the term interface is wrong for this purpose.

It doesn't matter which microcontroller you use. Just go onto the Atmel or Microchip website and pick one. ALmost any one will work. The one you can get is the best one. I recommend one of the newer microcontrollers from Microchip like the PIC18 or dsPIC30F.

WHen you say printer, do you mean print to a piece of paper? Or print to the computer screen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back