Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a Rectifier with voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO update:
I have had a FULL school day today. I got a break in (as you can see in the post above)

Turns out the fact that 34V is present is 100% fine.
Actually, the 30V source can be a range of 12-40V and the arc will do just fine.
Since this is true, the small smoothing that occurs from the capacitor WITHOUT a regulator will be 100% fine.

I have my project completely ready, I understand voltage regulating alot better (never had to deal with it before)

The last of my parts are being shipped so I can do some testing before launch. I will post my final schematic and project (via youtube prob) soon.

So thank you guys for all the help...... its been real.

SO update:
I have had a FULL school day today. I got a break in (as you can see in the post above)

Turns out the fact that 34V is present is 100% fine.
Actually, the 30V source can be a range of 12-40V and the arc will do just fine.
Since this is true, the small smoothing that occurs from the capacitor WITHOUT a regulator will be 100% fine.

I have my project completely ready, I understand voltage regulating alot better (never had to deal with it before)

The last of my parts are being shipped so I can do some testing before launch. I will post my final schematic and project (via youtube prob) soon.

So thank you guys for all the help...... its been real.

Hey, good job and be sure to post here when you've got it up and running. Can you post the the schematic of what you're actually going to build?

Sorry for getting a bit short last night, but it's frustrating when you spend time trying to help and it appears that someone is just not reading what you took the time to write. The important part is that you got there in the end, though, so kudos for that!

Regards,

Torben

Hey, good job and be sure to post here when you've got it up and running. Can you post the the schematic of what you're actually going to build?

Sorry for getting a bit short last night, but it's frustrating when you spend time trying to help and it appears that someone is just not reading what you took the time to write. The important part is that you got there in the end, though, so kudos for that!

Regards,

Torben

No, I totally understand. I realized my mistake later. I should have read carefully (but ya it was late for me too). Actually when I read through it all today (and I used my laptop display) I got soooo much more out of it (which is why I figured this all out). I am very excited to get started.
So, I owe A LOT of thanks to you for guiding me. And, yeah I will try to finish MY schematic hopefully by tonight, and try to post it.

Seriously, thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back