Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to know exactly the point of my robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

engmeca

Hi every one i have a problem in my graduation project (Mechatronics Dep) :
i need to know exactly the location my mobile robot
This robot acts as a mine detector and and need to know its location when leave it in filed.

hi
any one can help me using GPS like vehicle tracking system

Indeed, GPS would probably be the way to go given the application; have you looked for GPS transmitting / receiving components? Do you have a specific query about or difficulty with using this technology?

Please help us to help you (or you're more likely to just get more comments like Mike's ;))

Last edited:
thx giftiger_wunsch
and i need more explain about using this technology
(how to use , tools should i have .....)

Do you have any problem using a GPS sensor? If not, You can find plenty of GPS modules in the market. Interface one of them to your system so that it can have an idea about its position. If you want to know the position,get the location transfered to you using the wireless link.
I dont have experience using a GPS module,yet I'll try to help as much as I can if you can provide more details about your system.

Last edited:
Sparkfun sell various GPS modules. I recently bought two of these. They are easy to use and quite robust. See the link from that page for a tutorial on how to use them. They also do cheaper modules.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back