Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0st1z

Hello ,

I am trying to learn how to fix electronics . i have watch many videos @ youtube and iam trying to fix my old laptops motherboard
I located the short circuit area with continuity function at the multi meter and i remove the coil from the board and i inject 5v 2 amp
but nothing gets hotter . So i need help how to locate the short circuit component

Thank you

Hello ,

I am trying to learn how to fix electronics . i have watch many videos @ youtube and iam trying to fix my old laptops motherboard
I located the short circuit area with continuity function at the multi meter and i remove the coil from the board and i inject 5v 2 amp
but nothing gets hotter . So i need help how to locate the short circuit component

Thank you
Hi I do this for a living....

What are you working with. In means I need some details about the machine and more importantly the details on the motherboard.
Dead shorts are fun and easy to fix.... Mostly but yeah. Would also be nice to see a photo of the board in HD so that I can look around and be able to see detail while being zoomed in. Both sides ofc. :p
I can and will help you :) if you supply the details and things.

"I located the short circuit area with continuity function at the multi meter and i remove the coil from the board and i inject 5v 2 amp"​
Not sure what exactly you meant by that... But a coil will have continuity you should check the resistance on it. Unless you meant that you took the coil off to disconnect the suspected circuit from the rest of the circuit in order to inject V and A for testing? Not sure anyways will be waiting for those details.

Kind Regards
MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back