Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find impedance Orcad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuid

just begining to learn orcad in college and i got this final assigment.
in the attached file is the circuit i have to analyze.

the first assigment is to plot Veq and Zeq.
i am sure that Veq is well plotted (red line)
but not sure for Zeq (purple line)

can someone help me ?

Attachments

• orc_fin.jpg
    orc_fin.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 528
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 436
The assigment is a little confusing. Does ZL indicate where your are supposed to determine Zeq?

If so then you have to divide the voltage across the capacitor by the current from the current source, which I believe you did.

For the particular circuit and frequency of measurement shown, the apparent impedance varies over the waveform period, it is not a constant. So you can't determine a fixed value for the impedance. The impedance is time varying which is shown by the waveform.

To get a constant impedance you would have to set Vs=0.

In normal engineering practice you would not determine the impedance of the circuit shown with Vs active. In other words, it appears to be an odd academic problem.

as i put 0(zero) for Vs i got the graph of Zeq like a Tangent grapgh is that more normal behavior ?
still can i determine that ZL is a coil or capacitor maybe a simple resistor?

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 384
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back