Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to dynamically control electromagnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizas

I would like to build a seesaw-like miniature which would be swinging by itself. I'm thinking to place dynamically driven electromagnet under each seesaw end. The seesaw ends would be made of iron or permanent magnets. The current would be supplied to each electromagnet alternately, causing the whole construction to swing.

Though I don't know how could I design that controlling circuit. The first thing which crossed my mind was to use astable multivibrator. Though I'm afraid things aren't so simple using solenoids. Can I just place an electromagnet where I typically would place led or lamp? Will such a design work despite possible effects of inductivity?

I did search and found nothing, but maybe someone knows an article on how to switch between two electromagnets periodically? Or can help with circuit design?

Thanks in advance,
krizas

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back