Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to display on a 5*7 dot matrix? pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisrine

hi all,
first i donno if it is the correct part of the forum where i should post this post :?
second excuse me for my quaestion but i m still a newbie and need help with some projects.

I want to display letter from A-->Z on a 5*7 LED dot matrix display. so every time i push the push bottom the letter gonna change from A-->Z

I bought the C-3570 LED Dot matix 5*7 but i m in a trouble , i download the pin conf, but i donno how to make the program :cry:

can anybody help me in this pls ?

nisrine said:
hi all,
first i donno if it is the correct part of the forum where i should post this post :?
second excuse me for my quaestion but i m still a newbie and need help with some projects.

I want to display letter from A-->Z on a 5*7 LED dot matrix display. so every time i push the push bottom the letter gonna change from A-->Z

I bought the C-3570 LED Dot matix 5*7 but i m in a trouble , i download the pin conf, but i donno how to make the program :cry:

can anybody help me in this pls ?

For a start have you got it wired up?, and how is it wired?.

well, this project is for my frined.
he doesn't need to use a pic. he is working in the lab. so he ll use lab instuments instead of the pic but he must add the 5*7 dot matrix.

nisrine said:
well, this project is for my frined.
he doesn't need to use a pic. he is working in the lab. so he ll use lab instuments instead of the pic but he must add the 5*7 dot matrix.

Well, seeing as we don't have the faintest clue what he might be using, I can only make basic suggestions.

Firstly you will need to have some kind of driver circuit, PNP transistors feeding the positive connection and NPN feeding the negative connections would be a reasonable way of doing it - I don't know which is the row and which is the column. You then multiplex the display, selecting a row at a time and outputing the column information for the relevent row - you repeat this for each row in turn, fast enough so you don't see any visible flicker. You could use the rows and columns the other way round if you like, it makes no difference. As each LED only gets 1/5th (or 1/7th) of the available current you need to provide 5 (or 7) times the current you would for a single LED.

Probably the easiest way to display characters is a lookup table, create one for each character you require, then use those to actually display the dots on the LED's.

Max7219

Have a look at some of the Maxim led drivers. The MAX7219 can run up to 64 seperate LEDs each with 16 levels of brightness and is easy to hook up to a micro. Have a look on the parallax site in the nuts/volts columns for examples of how it is plumbed into a stamp and that should give you a good idea (I think the column is #70)

Resc.

cud anyone of u guys outhere help me...im looking for a matrix display project using pic16f84 ic. shematics and source code is wt im looking for. or links if u hve any plz plz plz..........tnx n advance

AMPdeck said:
cud anyone of u guys outhere help me...im looking for a matrix display project using pic16f84 ic. shematics and source code is wt im looking for. or links if u hve any plz plz plz..........tnx n advance

What's wrong with the link I posted two messages previous to your question? - it's for the 16F84, and includes various software.

From what I can see Nigel posted a URL to a page which does EXACTLY what you wanted? Same PIC and everything. I would be thankful.

i done something like this. I used PIC16f84A for 5X7 led matrix, but it has the same principle to drive 5X8 led matrix. I used two octal d-type flip flop, 5X120ohm resistor, RC oscillator, and PIc16f84A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back