Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to detect Ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a relay will work in this instance.
Sometimes size is a concederation and relays/sockets may be larger than acceptable.
Relays are also mechanical, some designs may call for solid state.
Cost may also be an issue, relays and sockets run around $5-$7 for the set, the components I listed will be around $1.
Wiring may also be a constraint on design, with relays, switched power needs to be wired, where the design I posted supply the power (2 wires vs 4)

Don't beat yourself up too bad for reading the whole thread.

Still a bit pricey compared to the handful of components on my sketch ($3.50 to $4.33 vs 2.00).

But probably easier to design around...

A small gap there indeed but make it up pretty quick figuring in BOM list savings (what you have to STOCK), assembly time and not to mention real-estate. Big on getting 2 pounds in a one pound around here.

I bookmarked the page & downloaded the spec sheet. When I run low on high voltage caps and zeners I'll order up some.

I love this place... :)

Well Its a simple and ready made solution, dont have to build anything really.. I dont know about you ,but here I can get a relay and its socket for less than a dollar ... but yr right about the solid state thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back