Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a efficient array of bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jitter can be avoided, but it needs tinkering with ASM-code.

Not necessarily. If you change ports from the interrupt, and start your interrupt routine from setting values to the port, then (in most cases) there will be no jitter.

Without interrupts, it is hard to produce no-jitter code even with assembler. Most people will rather live with jitter.

Not necessarily. If you change ports from the interrupt, and start your interrupt routine from setting values to the port, then (in most cases) there will be no jitter.

Without interrupts, it is hard to produce no-jitter code even with assembler. Most people will rather live with jitter.

I just meant that in a conditional branch, both branches can be made to execute the same number of cycles.

I just meant that in a conditional branch, both branches can be made to execute the same number of cycles.

Right. And I'm saying that if you set your port in the interrupt before any conditional branching, you don't have to make them execute in the same number of cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back