Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert the signal received by Tsop1738 ir receiver to steady output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Hi All ,,

I want to convert the signal received by IR Receiver Tsop1738 to steady output level for example 1 if there is ir signal 0 if no Ir signal received(an object cross Ir beam).

the signal received by the receiver as the following:

hhh.jpg

>>as you see in figure above the received signal is square wave 32hz(2ms off/29ms on).
>> if there is no signal received due to object cross the ir beam the output of the tsop1738 goes high and still high while the object cross the beam.
>>I see i can do what i need using 555 timer and other ic's like 74123 but i don't want to use them
>>minimum time for crossing the beam 20ms.

>>The transmitter circuit

jjjjjjjjjjj.jpg

as you see the circuit send 38khz for 2ms and off for 29ms.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I see i can do what i need using 555 timer and other ic's like 74123 but i don't want to use them

Do you need a 0-5V output from the additional circuit or would a 0-3.3V output work?

Will this do?
MissingPulse.PNG

Here are a couple missing pulse detector circuits as alternatives to a 555 circuit.

Here is 0-5V out. No 555 but a NPN and PNP to keep from inverting and avoiding a diode voltage drop at the output.

The envelope filter will react to a loss of signal in 0.5 mSec (5 time constants).

7C6BD455-4597-439D-97DF-48BC6AFD8469.png

Here are a couple missing pulse detector circuits as alternatives to a 555 circuit.

Screenshot_20180611-002757.png

*Can I use lm358 instead of lm393 ?
**For my received signal should I change the value of capacitors and resistors ?
***what is the purpose of c2 and D1?
****which the two circuit better using lm393 or using 4093 ?

Regards:)

Can I use lm358 instead of lm393 ?
No.
The circuit requires the open-collector output of the comparator to operate properly.
For my received signal should I change the value of capacitors and resistors ?
As stated in my writeup, you select the R1C1 value to be somewhat longer than the pulse period.
what is the purpose of c2 and D1?
C2 is to differentiate the pulse edge, giving a short pulse trigger the circuit, and also block the DC bias from the input.
D1 clamps the differentiated pulse from going significantly below ground.
which the two circuit better using lm393 or using 4093 ?
The LM393 circuit's trigger levels, determined by resistors, are more accurate than the 4093's. which depend upon the internal hysteresis value of the 4093 Schmitt trigger input.
But either circuit should be more than adequate to do the job.

No.
The circuit requires the open-collector output of the comparator to operate properly.
As stated in my writeup, you select the R1C1 value to be somewhat longer than the pulse period.
C2 is to differentiate the pulse edge, giving a short pulse trigger the circuit, and also block the DC bias from the input.
D1 clamps the differentiated pulse from going significantly below ground.
The LM393 circuit's trigger levels, determined by resistors, are more accurate than the 4093's. which depend upon the internal hysteresis value of the 4093 Schmitt trigger input.
But either circuit should be more than adequate to do the job.

Thank you :)

The received signal period about 31 ms .
Is this mean Any object cross the ir signal in time below 31ms can't detect it ?

The received signal period about 31 ms .
Is this mean Any object cross the ir signal in time below 31ms can't detect it ?
Not 100%.
If one pulse is interrupted, then the output will go high for one pulse.
If the object passes so fast that it doesn't block at least one pulse, then obviously it can't be detected.

A block of one pulse is shown in the simulation below for an R1C1 of 31ms.
The output goes high about 33ms after the loss of one input pulse and stays high until the next pulse is received.

upload_2018-6-11_20-2-41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back