Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert rs 232 tx/rx to binary

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmediel

please help.

i need to know how to convert the tx/rx of serial port to binary like to 8 pins of 5v logic...

It's already binary - do you mean you want to convert it to 8 bit parallel?.

Easiest way is to use a PIC, but you could use an old hardware UART? - but that's a big chip and requires a lot more support components.

A shift register and a state machine should do the job. You could use an FPGA or a couple of PALS.

wat i mean is at this illustration....

thnx for the reply...

i want to have simple schematic diagram of the device... that converts 1 pin tx to 8 pin logic

Attachments

• device.JPG
    device.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 365
Maybe use an old chip like this one:
**broken link removed**
But as stated above, something like a PIC (16F628, etc) would be easier to use and more modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back