how to convert computer monitor cable to RCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andales

Hello guys!

I have search the google but it gave me no answer...

I tried to look for "how to convert the computer monitor cable (which is the DB9) to RCA or S-Video Cable?"

You see I want to connect the computer monitor to a DVD player or VCD player that has an RCA and S-Video...

The scan rates and resolution are very different. Adapters are available. You need to remember that the RCA (NTSC or PAL) resolution is worse than 1/3 of a modern computer.

They're also called scan converters. As mneary said, they're about 1/3 of the available resolution/refresh of a PC monitor so text is often bleary/twitchy, and video often flickers and is of poor quality. Modern PC video cards have a DVI output which can interface directly with an HDMI monitor/TV All that is needed is the appropriate cable and connectors.

You see I want to connect the computer monitor to a DVD player or VCD player that has an RCA and S-Video..

can't you just use an otherwise redundant pc as your player?

and by the way, the monitor connector will almost certainly be high density db[?]15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…