Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert computer monitor cable to RCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andales

Hello guys!

I have search the google but it gave me no answer...

I tried to look for "how to convert the computer monitor cable (which is the DB9) to RCA or S-Video Cable?"

You see I want to connect the computer monitor to a DVD player or VCD player that has an RCA and S-Video...

The scan rates and resolution are very different. Adapters are available. You need to remember that the RCA (NTSC or PAL) resolution is worse than 1/3 of a modern computer.

They're also called scan converters. As mneary said, they're about 1/3 of the available resolution/refresh of a PC monitor so text is often bleary/twitchy, and video often flickers and is of poor quality. Modern PC video cards have a DVI output which can interface directly with an HDMI monitor/TV All that is needed is the appropriate cable and connectors.

You see I want to connect the computer monitor to a DVD player or VCD player that has an RCA and S-Video..

can't you just use an otherwise redundant pc as your player?

and by the way, the monitor connector will almost certainly be high density db[?]15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back