Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a PCB artwork from PDF to print shop file(.psf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvs sarma

i seek help to convert an PCB artwork from a magazine. It is in PDF. the PCB maker expects it to be converted to .psf (perhaps printshop format-- they could not do it after repeated trial)

I request any one to show a way out. the concerned file is attached and the reflected layouts are to be considered.

Attachments

• 070039-PCB.pdf
    386.8 KB · Views: 626
i seek help to convert an PCB artwork from a magazine. It is in PDF. the PCB maker expects it to be converted to .psf (perhaps printshop format-- they could not do it after repeated trial)

I request any one to show a way out. the concerned file is attached and the reflected layouts are to be considered.

hi Sarma,
This a psp version of the the pdf.

Sorry wouldnt let me attach. I will retry.

Last edited:
hi Sarma,
This a psp version of the the pdf.

Sorry wouldnt let me attach. I will retry.
Thanks Eric for the fast response. If it could also be sent by mail, you may help me, if impossible to load it here. you may perhaps zip it and attach.

I am leaving my email in a pm if you don't object.

I found 6 associations for .psf:

.psf - ChiWriter - Outline PostScript printer font
.psf - MicroStation Plot specification file
.psf - ArcSoft PhotoStudio File image format
.psf - PowerSoft Report File
.psf - Insight II X-PLOR Molecular Structure File
.psf - Photoshop proof setup

It appears that Photoshop Proof Setup may be the correct one. Adobe help refers to it as a commercial printing format and says it can be opened with Adobe Illustrator. So, I checked whether my AI-CS3 could export or save as .psf and got nowhere. Same result with Photoshop CS3.

Sorry I couldn't help. If someone else doesn't solve it quickly, I will spend a bit more time on the Adobe site to see whether there is a plug-in I am missing.

John

Hi mvs sarma,

this *.pdf is a file of an Elektor published circuit.

Please tell me the name of the article.

One of my friends works as an author for Elektor and he might be able to obtain the original files.

Hans

Hi mvs sarma,

this *.pdf is a file of an Elektor published circuit.

Please tell me the name of the article.

One of my friends works as an author for Elektor and he might be able to obtain the original files.

Hans
That is great
it is Software defined radio by Burkhard Kainka published in 2007 may

the board is made by elektor team perhaps. they sell the board also. So generally they would not part with the data unless some one tries for it. i could well have purchased it but for the exorbitant prices and international courier charges. How ever, i would explore the manual process of film making instead of reaching a "software method only" guy.

Thanks for your support for my hobby cause.

Won't they accept .ps or .eps (PostScript) which is a standard printing industry format?

hi Sarma,
Examination of the detail of your pcb drawing after conversion from pdf to psp was very poor and IMO the psp version is unfit for use.:(

I found 6 associations for .psf:

.psf - ChiWriter - Outline PostScript printer font
.psf - MicroStation Plot specification file
.psf - ArcSoft PhotoStudio File image format
.psf - PowerSoft Report File
.psf - Insight II X-PLOR Molecular Structure File
.psf - Photoshop proof setup

It appears that Photoshop Proof Setup may be the correct one. Adobe help refers to it as a commercial printing format and says it can be opened with Adobe Illustrator. So, I checked whether my AI-CS3 could export or save as .psf and got nowhere. Same result with Photoshop CS3.

Sorry I couldn't help. If someone else doesn't solve it quickly, I will spend a bit more time on the Adobe site to see whether there is a plug-in I am missing.

John
Sorry to have troubled you John

Hi sarma,

I was out "shopping" for you for a while.

Even having a fairly cheap PCB for that project you'll next be jumping from one distributor to another to gather the necessary components.

Here are four prices for comparison:

Elektor: PCB €27.66
Geist electronic: PCB €35.50

Elektor:assembled PCB €155.90!!!
Geist electronic: assembled PCB €105.00 (without CD)
(saving: more than €50.00!)

Software might be downloaded free from Elektor homepage.

You might also order the PCB and components from Geist electronics as a kit, saving €20.00

Here is the Geist URL (also available in English): Geist Electronic-Versand GmbH - Ihr Lieferant für elektronische Bauelemente/Elektor-Bausätze

Kind regards

Hans

Last edited:
Thanks Boncuk for all the trouble taken.

In fact i do have all other components and Cypress has obliged two samples of CY27EE16. In India we have single window shopping houses that sell industrial products, thus i would get majority components across one or two doors , that too the entire electronics is concentrated around a single location.

Your proposal to go for an assembled board at 105 or bare board at 27 euro the cheapest options form the effort you made, appear OK.
But as I order from India, item would land at a total cost of 175 or so. we have a conversion of around 63Rupees for a Euro. So in IN Rs it amounts 11025,

If I effort on Indian platform, i need to spend only 2500 or at the max 3000 for completing the project with little bargain on Solder mask and PTH being homebrew.

I thank all for the amount of help and support gesture. I would now go for a film by manual process and try to complete it shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back