Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control a Robot with an AI program on a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, so I have this AI program on Matlab and python on my computer. There is a micro controller development board that I have in a robotic system. I want to hook up the two so that one processes the information (the computer) and tells the other to execute it with some instructions (the micro controller). How can I bridge this gap, how can I do this?

Thank you

Simply send instructions and data between the two, either via RS232 (if wired) or any of the many radio systems available - the HC-12 is a good choice, as it's effectively a wireless RS232 connection.

Simply send instructions and data between the two, either via RS232 (if wired) or any of the many radio systems available - the HC-12 is a good choice, as it's effectively a wireless RS232 connection.

Will this work with any of the Arduino boards? and other boards like teensy?

Of course, it just needs a serial port (either hardware or software).

Wow is it that simple? but I need two Arduino boards for it. one transfers and other receives it. But I have my program on another application, which is Matlab/python then how can I send that info to the Arduino?

Wow is it that simple? but I need two Arduino boards for it. one transfers and other receives it. But I have my program on another application, which is Matlab/python then how can I send that info to the Arduino?

Serial port! - haven't you heard that computers used to have serial ports?, and still do via FDTI USB adaptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back