Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control 600 led without using mircocontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaySoul

Hi, currently i am working with a project which consist of 600 led. We split it into Part A(consist of 300 led) and Part B(consist of 300 led).

So now the problems comes in, how do i let part a light alternately with part b?

I am supply 16 AA" battery hence 24v. a am using Super bright led. But i do not want to use mirco controller to control the whole circuit, is there any other way i can solve this problem? Thank in advance.

As I told you in the other thread; you cant get blood out of a turnip! To run 600 leds it will take a car battery, or at least a pretty big SLA. You ain't gonna do it with AA batteries.

you reply to my post before? I didn't see my thread in here before, i once tot that the mod has delete my thread.

I have already try testing on the 600 leds already. It can be light up brightly. just that now i want it to flash alternately.

Hmmm.Okok..Thank mike..Appreciated it alot..But if i were to connect all the led in parallel, will there be any side effect?

Hmmm.Okok..Thank mike..Appreciated it alot..But if i were to connect all the led in parallel, will there be any side effect?
Series parallel would make more sense. ie: If the LEDs Vf = 4V and you are running off of 24V, you could put 5 LEDs in series for a total Vf of 20V. You would burn up the remaining 4V in a resistor to limit the current and provide a safety margin. For 20ma LED current you would use a 200Ω resistor ( 4V / 0.02A ). Then you would parallel these, 5 LED + 1x 200Ω resistor strings, with identical ones across the 24V.
An active current source would be better because the LEDs would get pretty dim once the batteries discharged to around 21V which is only 1.3V per cell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back