Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect the monitor of the laptop with ELB-REV4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, or not without removing the screen from the laptop and adding a separate driver board.

A cheap screen or monitor from ebay would be a better option.

(Some of the things at crazy prices on that site look very much like Raspberry Pi type boards in 3D printed cases, with a few add-ons?)

Some of the things at crazy prices on that site
crazy prices likely due to these being industrial controllers, not consumer grade machines

crazy prices likely due to these being industrial controllers, not consumer grade machines

"Industrial controllers" using such as arduinos and beaglebone modules... (OK, I was wrong about the R Pi..)
It seems to be hobbyist / educational grade kit that they are make out to be industrial grade, from what I can see.

There is no serious tech info on anything that I can find, just vague advertising waffle, prices & pictures.

There is no serious tech info on anything that I can find, just vague advertising waffle, prices & pictures.
so, it could still be based on a pi... but because they put them in hefty industrial enclosures, they charge an arm and a leg for them... but the enclosures could be run-of-the-mill aluminum enclosures with cheap LCD panels in them... you won't know for sure without buying one to evaluate, and that's how they make their money in some cases... on the other hand, it could be an enclosure you could drive an M1 tank over without a scratch... but you won't know unless you buy one for evaluation...

strange... the picture i see is an injection molded case with raised lettering. the raised lettering identifying the ports is making shadows on the white mounting plate because of the angle of the lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back