how to connect KTY10 temp sensor to a PIC ADC input pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merk

Hi,
do I need to use op amp to do this? Can someone make me the wiring diagram, with the proper resistor value and op amp label (4 channel if possible since I will have four of this sensors)?
Maybe below schematic will help (google search).
**broken link removed**

I will aslo need the temp equation (I found this on one site - don't know if it is correct) + I don't know how is with data for those sensors. Somewhere the temp rage is stated in the range from -30 to +130 deg celsius, whereas somewhere from -50 to +180 and also the resistance at 25 deg celsius is not allways the same (1930-1970 ohm)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 491
What temperature range do you need and what is the output voltage range?

I use the KTY-81 for a temperature range of 32 to 285 degrees F. The sensor is one side of a voltage divider using 4.7K. Using a 4.7K trimmer pot, the readings can be calibrated.

My technique is to eliminate the op amp by using the lower 9 bits of the 10 bit A/D converter in a PIC microcontroller. The output between sensor and trimmer is read directly into a PIC pin.

You do understand that the voltage output of such a thermistor circuit is non-linear with respect to temperature, thus you need to use a lookup table to determine the temperature from the voltage.

My response was directed to the OP. Sorry for any confusion.

There are many silicon sensors available with a linear voltage to temperature output, and are generally preferred if you want to measure an exact temperature value, not just respond to a temperature change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…