Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect KTY10 temp sensor to a PIC ADC input pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merk

Hi,
do I need to use op amp to do this? Can someone make me the wiring diagram, with the proper resistor value and op amp label (4 channel if possible since I will have four of this sensors)?
Maybe below schematic will help (google search).
**broken link removed**

I will aslo need the temp equation (I found this on one site - don't know if it is correct) + I don't know how is with data for those sensors. Somewhere the temp rage is stated in the range from -30 to +130 deg celsius, whereas somewhere from -50 to +180 and also the resistance at 25 deg celsius is not allways the same (1930-1970 ohm)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 487
What temperature range do you need and what is the output voltage range?

I use the KTY-81 for a temperature range of 32 to 285 degrees F. The sensor is one side of a voltage divider using 4.7K. Using a 4.7K trimmer pot, the readings can be calibrated.

My technique is to eliminate the op amp by using the lower 9 bits of the 10 bit A/D converter in a PIC microcontroller. The output between sensor and trimmer is read directly into a PIC pin.

You do understand that the voltage output of such a thermistor circuit is non-linear with respect to temperature, thus you need to use a lookup table to determine the temperature from the voltage.

My response was directed to the OP. Sorry for any confusion.

There are many silicon sensors available with a linear voltage to temperature output, and are generally preferred if you want to measure an exact temperature value, not just respond to a temperature change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back