Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Connect Common Emitter with Emitter Follower to Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 10 ohm emitter resistors should be 1 ohm.
When it comes to output power I agree with you. When it comes to thermal stability, I disagree. ;)
Since mbird stated that, "I really just want to "hear" the calcs I made to get my CE amp working" I decided to err on the side of stability. I assumed he actually wanted to build the circuit, probably on a breadboard, and wouldn't be thermally connecting the transistors to the diodes.

If he doesn't thermally connect the diodes to the output transistors then he will learn about thermal runaway.
With your 10 ohm emitter resistors wasting a lot of power then there won't be thermal runaway and the OP won't learn about it.

I was going to simulate his common-emitter transistor that has very high distortion of about 40% or more (because it has no negative feedback), but I will let him hear how bad it sounds.

Wow -- a lot of great info in this thread!!!

I will experiment and post the results (may take a bit -- there is never any time for hobbies these days!)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back