Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the battery usage ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
dint ... u ... wats ... tats wat ... wud ... frm ... wat ... giv ... tat ... dont no wat ... u sud ... frm ... gonna ... u ... frm ... frm ... wat u r ... ur ...
We speak English here. What language is this garbage?

1. i dont no wat liner or switching regulator are
2.u sud tell me whether the regulator inside a car's FM transmitter is switching or linear type its a "12VDC TO 5.7VDC CONVERTER = MC34063A based"
3.so panel watt will be either 5w or 12w

With this language, I would guess you're a kid. My son used to type like this when he was in the 5-th grade.

You need to find more about your charger and regulator. 350mA over 2 hous only give you 700mAh, which is not enough for 1300mAh battery.

So, do the following:

Discharge your phone to the lowest that you normally discharge it. Connect it to your regulator with the USB cable then get an old 10 to 12V wall wart, cut the connector off and connect the regulator to the wallwart. Make sure you do that with correct polarity: + to +, - to -. Then time how long it take for your phone to charge.

Do you have a multimeter? If you do, you need to figure out how to measure DC current. Then, while your phone is charging, measure current in two places - between the walwart and your regulator, then between regulator and phone.

With this language, I would guess you're a kid. My son used to type like this when he was in the 5-th grade.

what are u complaining about ?? Is it my glamor or is it the selling ?? ops i mean Is it my grammar or is it the spelling ?? :p

You need to find more about your charger and regulator. 350mA over 2 hous only give you 700mAh, which is not enough for 1300mAh battery.

(700/1300)*100=53%
So I guess I have been charging my mob wen it reaches abt 47%
The mob doesn’t show the exact charge level :( its just an icon of battery at the top :(

So, do the following:
Discharge your phone to the lowest that you normally discharge it. Connect it to your regulator with the USB cable then get an old 10 to 12V wall wart, cut the connector off and connect the regulator to the wallwart. Make sure you do that with correct polarity: + to +, - to -. Then time how long it take for your phone to charge.
Do you have a multimeter? If you do, you need to figure out how to measure DC current. Then, while your phone is charging, measure current in two places - between the walwart and your regulator, then between regulator and phone.

I thought of doing a similar experiment lik this, a long time ago but I dint want to damage the original charger of the mob by cutting its connector and measuring the current between the mob and the wallwart charger of the mob. Also I wanted to measure the current between the pc's usb port and the mob wen its charging from pc through mob's data cable. But I was lazy :p and just took the rated values written over the charger as my data for this project :p but now it looks lik I need to do it to move forward wit this "Big" project :p ok…. will get back to u wen I am done with this ok :)

I thought of doing a similar experiment lik this, a long time ago but I dint want to damage the original charger of the mob by cutting its connector and measuring the current between the mob and the wallwart charger of the mob. Also I wanted to measure the current between the pc's usb port and the mob wen its charging from pc through mob's data cable. But I was lazy :p and just took the rated values written over the charger as my data for this project :p but now it looks lik I need to do it to move forward wit this "Big" project :p ok…. will get back to u wen I am done with this ok :)
Experiments make the project fun. You do not need to cut any wires. You can get an extension cord (e.g. USB extension cord) and cut it. Then you have a tool to measure current in any USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back