Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a TRON BOX or POWER BOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

naidra

Hello every1

I am currently working on a project of building a power meter stopper for my hobby. Can u please provide some help on building such a device. I found on the internet some devices TRON BOX, POWER BOX, can u help please send me a schematic of some of them, and remember the point is not to have a phusical access to the power meter.

THANX in advance.

If you're talking about what I think you are, a device which prevents your meter from counting the kW/h you use, I don't think you should be asking for the schematics. Devices like that are highly illegal, and shouldn't be either used, or designed, especially in a public forum.

I don't know about elsewhere, but in the US, even having the design for such a device would be illegal. Talking about it on a public forum, no matter what the reason, is pretty dodgy. I would tend to think that this sort of topic violates the standards of this board, and I would avoid discussing it further.

Illegal devices have been discussed on this board before, at least in the form of macrovision scrubbers. I don't see how this is much different. Its the act of using the knowledge, not necessarily discussing it thats illegal. However, I would absolutely hate to see this forum turn into one of illegal projects.

As for stopping the rotation of the device, pick the lock and put a pencil in the hole of the spinning plate. Cheapest way to do it, until you get caught. Its a several thousand dollar fine for tampering in any way with the meter. I wouldn't even consider it.

Noggin said:
Illegal devices have been discussed on this board before, at least in the form of macrovision scrubbers. I don't see how this is much different.

It's very different, macrovision 'scrubbbers' are not at all illegal, quite a few TV sets have their pictures ruined by macrovision's extra non-standard signals. It's fairly common to have to fit a unit to remove the macrovision to make things work acceptably.

A device to steal electricity is another thing altogether!, no one is going to believe you 'just want to test it' - perhaps you'd like the keys to a bank, so you can 'just go and look at the money'? :lol:

The Tron Box looks like a Power factor correction device, i recomend you see the how works under the names: PFC, PFO, KVAR or KEC for give you a clear application idea see: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/03/homecap_ds.pdf if you want use that model is safe. also if you see this page: **broken link removed** they show the B4-88 model to reverse the wattmeter, :eek: dont worry no exist any more they stop the production. that device realy reverse the watthour meter the problem is to need be located at 1 foot to the watthour meter if is located at more distance no work well or not efect to reverse.:rolleyes: That means in conclusion using a PFC if you use 110~120 VAC only saves 6 to 15% maximum (depends if you use a lot of motor or transformer in your load, if you use resistor or standar lamps in your load no works 0%) if you use 220 VAC or more you can save 6 to 35% (its is because the air condition units work at that voltage) if some one can describe more applications in plain words, please wellcome and add. Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back