Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to break code protection of PIC16C57

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

I am stuck with problem of microcontroller.I have a microcontroller which is installed on PCB. This is basically power PCB. The microcontroller is Microchip PIC16C57.
I have read its code and burnt in new microcontroller having same model and number. But when i installed it on PCB and when PCB was installed on machine, the output was not desired. What else can go wrong. I am having Universal Programmer 3000u.
I am attaching the Code file The original microcontroller was burnt by some one else. Is there any hidden encryption which stops to work new microcontroller work properly. some body saw my code and told me that it is code protected. Can u kindly tell me steps to recover my code.
Kindly comment.
Thanks

Attachments

• Code.txt
    38.6 KB · Views: 286
It's code protected, so you can't read it.

If it's your code, then simply reassemble it from your source code - if it's NOT your code, you won't have the source code, and have no right to copy the device.

How do u come to know that it is code protected. Can u kindly explain me. It has to somethiing with zeros i think. Kindly explain me indetail

How do u come to know that it is code protected. Can u kindly explain me. It has to somethiing with zeros i think. Kindly explain me indetail

I've never looked at that specific chip, but the file you posted isn't a valid one - so presumably it's read protected?.

From what you say you have a blank chip, upload a valid file to it and try reading it back - ensure it reads back perfectly. Then try writing it again, with read protect ON, and see how it reads back then - presumably similar to your example?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back