how to attach temperature sensor with computer via parallel or serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavenearth

Hi,

I am computer science student and i want to attach a temperature sensor with computer such as LM35 via parallel or serial port. I have already made a circuit of relays for controlling the light bulb through pc using the parallel port and now i want to attach temperature sensor with that circuit so that whenever there is temperature rise a signal is send to pc about temperature rise but i donot have any idea how to do this and which components to use?? One way is to use microcontroller but that is complicated one and i donot have that much idea about electronics. Is it possible to do it just by using relays?? The circuit which i have followed for controlling the light bulb is as below:

**broken link removed**...

i donot want to build the circuit of sensors itself i just want to attach any sensor with the circuit.

If any can help me i shall be thankful.

Regards,

Heavenearth

Hi HE, welcome to the forum.
The way I look at this thing, I'm afraid I'd still recommend you to use microcontroller. A really simple project using USB bit whackers, which means you'll pass the outdated SP and whatnot. From there you can do a lot of stuff. Some of my questions in Sparkfun forums can also help:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…