Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to amplify Feeltech FY2300 function generator's output to 50 watts RMS minimum for 30KHz Square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

altnergy

I Am working on a project that requires at least 50 watts RMS and a 30KHz Square Wave. I will dedicate a Feeltech FY2300 function generator for the signal source.
I'd like to be able to get 100 watts RMS if possible but will settle for 50 watts RMS for now.

If it is cheaper and simpler then a device that will output 50 watts RMS 30KHz Square Wave or 100 watt RMs 30KHz Square Wave is acceptable. I already have the Feeltech though.

I Am budget concious. The solution is desired to be portable so I can power it with either 12VDC or 5VDC.

Schematics, parts lists ect. are all greatly appreciated!
Hey folks!

THANKS for your help!

It truly means a lot to me!

I Am working on a project that requires at least 50 watts RMS and a 30KHz Square Wave. I will dedicate a Feeltech FY2300 function generator for the signal source.
I'd like to be able to get 100 watts RMS if possible but will settle for 50 watts RMS for now.

If it is cheaper and simpler then a device that will output 50 watts RMS 30KHz Square Wave or 100 watt RMs 30KHz Square Wave is acceptable. I already have the Feeltech though.

I Am budget concious. The solution is desired to be portable so I can power it with either 12VDC or 5VDC.

What load are you trying to feed?, power is entirely dependent on that, but neither 12V (and certainly not 5V) will produce 50W in to any sensible impedance.

Basically, what you're looking for though is an audio amplifier, and a LOT also depends on how good the 30KHz square wave needs to be, and how low it needs to go.

Really you need to give a LOT more information, of EXACTLY what you're trying to do.

My wealth of ingornace on the topic is astounding!

OK Here's the deal. I Am way out in the boonies far from other folks. I want to experiment with broadcasting a 30KHz Square wave signal. SO perhaps what I Am asking is better remedied using those parameters.

THANk YOU for steering me in the direction to gain such a solution..

Now then, I already found a 100 watt add on amplifier for the Feeltech on Ebay out of china that runs on DC for about $100.00. I already did a test using only the Feeltech and want more power.

Now understand when I say broadcast it is NOT really broadcasting per se', as I dont violate any FCC stuff,

BUT the idea is the same.

So consider the idea that the only load on the device will be the same as an antenna or dummy load.

Having said all of that, perhaps the possiblility exists to NOT use the feeltech and simply construct a 30KHz 50 watt device for my experiments! I Am vey obliging and conducive to whatever you may suggest. I prefer to save money and NOT wait to order things from China.
Much gratitude to you fine sir!

Broadcasting is still broadcasting, and 30KHz will be falling foul of the FCC as well (assuming you're in America?), you also don't use square waves, or you will be wiping the radio spectrum out over a massive part of the spectrum.

Where did you find a 100W amplifier that delivers 30kHz to an antenna that many miles long?
All amplifiers run on DC and some can produce 100W at 30kHz into a low impedance loudspeaker.

You should understand that a 30kHz squarewave has strong harmonics at 90kHz, 150kHz, 210kHz, 270kHz and every multiple of 3 to many higher frequencies. Then you will be causing a lot of interference. All radio transmitters use a sinewave that is modulated. The sinewave has only one frequency and the modulation creates a few sideband frequencies.

Any radiated RF signal is broadcasting by definition, and the FCC will not take kindly to a broadcast 30KHz square-wave..

First a happy holidays to you one and all, and thank you for your kindness to respond in the ways that you have.

I appreciate it very much indeed.

Now then...I have been working on this project for years. I Am aware of the square wave harmonics and actually they are part of the project. I Am already aware of all the FCC rules and such.

All I can say is none of that is an issue with this project. None of these things will be a problem, in fact they are all part of a SOLUTION!

And that this is a project that is a paradigm shift away from conventional thinking on electronics, frequency applications and such.

Having said that. AND with all due respect and loving appreciation for minds brighter than mine, in respect to the information I seek.

Will ANYONE here NOW simply step up and tell me exactly how to do what it is I asked, that is if it is something that you KNOW is possible to do?

Again will deep respect, as much as I appreiate the comments and concerns, I still require the answer to the question.

I appreciate it greatly is ANYONE will provide such. Otherwise I can place the order for the device on ebay and wait for Chinese delivery. It is rated up to 100KHz and 100 watts pp. It may be enough for my purposes. I'd PREFER to learn from you how to construct one myself and perhaps save some research $$$$.

If no one is interested in providing the information, schematics, parts listing, or no one on this forum believes it can be done, then that is fine also. I have the project over 90% complete and will persevere to the solution.

Thank you again for your comments thus far, and in advance I thank whomever provides what I seek.

God bless you all and do be well!

If you said 30khz sine wave, you would get less push back by us. Less interference on radios.

Why do you need a square wave ? If you can explain what you are tying to achieive we may be able to offer a solution that will not cause problems for many other people.

Les.

It is rated up to 100KHz and 100 watts pp. It may be enough for my purposes.
100W peak-to-peak is 50W peak which is 25W real continuous full output power.
Car audio amplifiers are rated in peak-to-peak Whats. They are rated at 250W but produce only 60W (15 real Watts for each of the 4 channels).

If you can explain what you are tying to achieive

Didn't you read his post? He is shifting paradigms. On HHO sites all over the internet, there are top secret plans that can be shared with competent individuals that can achieve efficiencies well over 100% based on the traditional thinking (described by Audioguru above) and simple math shows that square waves can achieve much higher output than a some wave as long as you are not willing to be fooled by so-called "True RMS" meters.

Anyhow, similar benefits can achieved with square waves in battery charging, "desulfating" and various electro-medical, electro-agronomy and other topics that will be chapters 9-27 of my upcoming book on "internet secrets worth paying for - and explained by a real science-like person".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back