Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add new tunes to an old toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mettam

Hi.
I am repurposing a old kids toy. This toy runs on 4 D cell batteries. Its original function was to play tunes while projecting light through a slow turning colored Gel.
I would like to know if it is at all possible to add new tunes to this circuit.

Attached is a picture of the components, I labeled them as best I could.
See attached image.
If you need more information please ask I will be more than happy to find out what I can.

I will be very grateful for any help on this matter.

Attachments

• OldToyCircut.jpg
    OldToyCircut.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
It's certainly possible, you've labelled all of the hardware for playing the tune, so you just need something to make use of it. Replace the small board there with a custom one and you can play your own music. I'm sure a well-programmed microcontroller with a small of amount of memory for storing the music would be up to this task :)

Sorry I can't help but I would like to know what tools you used to present such a good presentation picture.
Camera, lighting, labeling.
Please, if it's not too much trouble.

I use a Lumix / Panasonic DMC-FZ8, and with flash my camera could easily take a photo of that quality, though I'm not much of a photographer. The labels could be added with many different image editing packages.

Sorry I can't help but I would like to know what tools you used to present such a good presentation picture.
Camera, lighting, labeling.
Please, if it's not too much trouble.

I just took a picture with my digital camera took the picture into PhotoShop and labeled everything.
A little bit of playing around with Photoshop and you could do the same, it's easy to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back