Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the battery behaves in this diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixson17

Screenshot_2019-05-24-11-40-17~2.png

how the battery behaves in this diagram

My question is this. I'm using this ic mppt SM72445 along with a 250 watt solar panel, mppt output configured to 50.4 or 51 volts, 12-cell lithium-ion battery pack and bms, if the load is less than the output of mppt the battery will be charged, but what happens when the load is greater than the mppt output and there is a voltage difference between the mppt output and the battery? example ; mppt output = 50.4V 5A / battery pack = 46.8V 3.9Vcell * 12 / load = 10A my doubts are for the difference in voltage between the two sources, mppt and battery in parallel

There won't be any difference, the mppt output will be pulled down to the voltage of the battery - as it will under all conditions. Even without any load at all, if the batteries are only partially charged the mppt voltage will be down at the same voltage as the batteries. That's how it's supposed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back