Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How not spent money on stupid sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, $200 for posters?
I got ripped off! All I got for $200 was fully functional FWD 1985 Mazda B2600 extended cab.:rolleyes:
I plan to turn it into a dedicated service unit some day. But I cant hang it on a wall.
well Okay my shop walls could support it, But still, it would stick out a bit.:D

Don't piss in his Cheerios.

Frosty - ever see the Soviet movie "Stalker" or read Strugatsky's "Roadside Picnic"?

Last edited:
Man, $200 for posters?
I got ripped off! All I got for $200 was fully functional FWD 1985 Mazda B2600 extended cab.:rolleyes:

nice find - we've been looking for a cheap pickup truck for hauling crap around the yard and for teaching my 16yo daughter how to drive in. Haven't found anything near that price. The best deal I've gotten so far was a 93 shadow that I bought for $500, put about 50k miles on it, then sold it for $700 a couple years later. :D

The Soviet movie "Stalker", and before it, the Strugatsky bro's "Roadside Picnic" were the inspiration for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Both of these preceed Chernobyl by several years. They revolve around Tunguska instead of Chernobyl. I recommend the book "Roadside Picnic" highly - it's an insight into the Russian version of our "Roswell incident" mythos.

The movie "Stalker" ain't so great - it has very little to do with the book, it's more of this Soviet-era thing with these insanely long, boring shots of nothing in particular and needs some decent FX really, really bad. It's still worth watching if you love the game.

nice find - we've been looking for a cheap pickup truck for hauling crap around the yard and for teaching my 16yo daughter how to drive in. Haven't found anything near that price. The best deal I've gotten so far was a 93 shadow that I bought for $500, put about 50k miles on it, then sold it for $700 a couple years later. :D

I grew up with a truck like that it had 10/2 steering. Bad gear box made it difficult turning left or right, it was almost a full 360 by the time it responded in either direction. Hence 10/2.

I got good with the palm steering method. People hate to with ride me. White knuckles. I will fake turn doing hand over hand on one side of the wheel too!

Not funny huh.:D

kv

Last edited:
Don't piss in his Cheerios.

Frosty - ever see the Soviet movie "Stalker" or read Strugatsky's "Roadside Picnic"?

Yes. Movie sucks majorly, book is amazing.

So my question is: How do you keep yourself from spending money on stupid sh*t you don't need?

Plan ahead. Buy twice as much booze as normal, then drink really fast. I have found this method effective. Once past a certain point, it is useless to attempt to dial a telephone correctly.:p

Wait - I tried that. Wound up buying more stupid sh*t than ever.

the downside of that plan is paypal, you can go online and click on stuff to buy it without entering any information. Back when you had rotary phones it was probably possible to be too drunk to place an order :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back