Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much should they pay me ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run into a few other former Rochesterians here =)

8 euro seems somewhat on the low side.

8 Euro is indeed very much on the low side. Office cleaners get about 10 Euro per hour, and they have little responsibility.

Last edited:
The licence fee funds the BBC - as simple as that - no adverts, and totally funded by a licence fee.

It's why the UK has tended to lead the world in broadcast entertainment, with a TV service before WWII - the BBC are still known as one of the best broadcasters in the world.
I wasn't aware that it was advertisement free. Still, how do you conclude that the BBC in known as one of the world's best broadcasters? What's that based upon? For years American television offered far more channels than the BBC did. Other than the BBC stuff, I hope you chaps have satellite TVRO to receive other network feeds, like we do from Dish TV, Dish Network, etc.

BBC news is highly neutral, there's very little to no sensationalism just a good journalistic approach to stories in general. Most other broadcast networks are either politically, financially, or religiously influenced.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that it was advertisement free. Still, how do you conclude that the BBC in known as one of the world's best broadcasters? What's that based upon? For years American television offered far more channels than the BBC did.

They still offer FAR more channels than the BBC do, the BBC is (supposedly!) quality and not quantity :D

Other than the BBC stuff, I hope you chaps have satellite TVRO to receive other network feeds, like we do from Dish TV, Dish Network, etc.

Terrestrial analogue (due to end soon, and already ended in some areas) provides five channels in most areas, although a pretty high percentage only get four. The UK only uses UHF TV channels (21-68), VHF channels were used for the long obselete 405 TV system, which was replaced by the 625 line UHF system.

The channels are:

BBC1
BBC2
ITV
CH4

and

CH5.

The UK though has the worlds first (yet again) digital TV service, which provides many more channels where available, currently there's a phased switch off happening, with analogue transmitters been replaced by digital ones over a number of years.

There's also a digital satellite service, 11 years old now, that replaced the previous analogue satelite service.

8 Euro is indeed very much on the low side. Office cleaners get about 10 Euro per hour, and they have little responsibility.

actually we are still using pounds sterling here in the UK. I hope it stays that way.

my only gripe is that I'm not a qualified quality control inspector so I don't have all the bite I'd like. my only advantage is that they wanted me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back