Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much is the normal current consumption in sleep and normal operating in PIC16F1829 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to buy a new PIC16F1829 chip and test it ,will release the result here , but the think is really unusual for me is that why with this kind of damage my PIC chip is working totally fine!!!

Why do you think anything is wrong with it? - program it to do something, and configure unused I/O pins as outputs.

I've just measured an 18F27K42 I'm playing with, and reading an analogue input and outputting variable PWM it's drawing 16mA running at 64MHz.

If you post your "test" code as requested, someone might be able to point out where the current is being used.

Mike.

Now I Change brand new just now, result is blow:

When chip is out side of the board between Vcc and Vss has 2.4 mega ohm in reverse polarity 6.3 Mega ohm.
Normal operation all unused port set as output , 28Mhz Crystal , WDT on, current consumption : 1.7mA
Sleep mod my DMM is not be able to measure the true current but i am sure it is less that 1uA.
Blank chip current is 1.5uA

Thanks for agreeing to give me some advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back