Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many of you guys on this forum have a career that lets you work with Electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courses like C&G are a waste of time, all reading and the people who set up the curriculum dont know about Electronic s, your better off looking at MIT on youtube or NPTEL from India, they have heaps of free material

cheers for the info from doing the course i realised that you are correct i seen one question in last years exam and the question was draw the top of a philips screw driver lol even or trainer start laughing

I grew up on a farm and was fascinated by electronics even before starting school. I didn't have encouragement or know how to get started in it. I'm not sure what our high school's counselor job was. I only talked to him once, a few weeks before graduation, he had a survey to fill out and asked if I was planning to go to college which I didn't. I planned to be an aircraft mechanic when I grew up and I did work at that a few summers in high school. I found out it was too hot working on all that black asphalt so I went to school to study drafting. I worked in civil engineering related fields for 10+ years, discovered computers and got hooked. For the last 25 years I've been programming engineering and steel detailing related software. Ten more years and I hope to retire but I'm still very interested in electronics (all those little components that contain smoke). Maybe in my next life...

Last edited:
Wow. This is an old thread.

Maybe should have been made a Sticky somewhere along the line?

Welcome DustyB.

We are all hobbyists @ the least. Many PRO's here and many with huge amounts of experience. We all share one common passion though...and that is to pass on our love of Electronics to people like you. Accurate info that lets you learn ;) No matter how old/young you are.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back